Get ready for Spring Cleaning! The weather has finally stabilized to mild, spring temperatures. Here are some simple Spring Cleaning tips to freshen up and maintain your home.
1) Dust the blades of a ceiling fan with an old pillowcase. Open the case; slip it over a blade. Close the pillowcase, and slide it off the blade, dusting it as you go. Dust bunnies will stay inside the pillowcase! Then launder the pillowcase.
2) Make an all-in-one magic cleaner: 1 2/3 cup of baking soda, 1/2 cup of Dawn, 1/2 cup warm water, and 2 tablespoons vinegar. Mix together and pour into a spray bottle. Use to clean countertops, shower walls and more. Rinse and wipe clean.
3) Put some vinegar in an ice tray and let it freeze, then run the ice cubes through the garbage disposal. It freshens it, and as a bonus, the ice sharpens the blades.
4) Ugly screw or nail holes in wood? Sharpen a quarter-inch dowel with a pencil sharpener, tap in place with a spot of glue, and cut with a razor knife. Stain and finish.
5) Muck out everything you no longer use—discard or donate to our ReStores then rejoice in all the space that emerges free of clutter, revealing areas that might need a touch up, minor fixing, etc!
Spring cleaning may seem like a chore, but trust us--it's worth it. Want more tips like these? Download our guide with more than 150 tips from homeowners like you.