COVID-19 PHASE I UPDATE
Habitat South Hampton Roads (SHR) continues to adhere to all directives provided by Habitat International, The CDC and the Commonwealth of Virginia. As we enter into the Governor’s Phase I Recovery Plan, our primary focus remains on protecting our partner families, volunteers, retail customers, employees and the general public. The following is an operation update:
• All construction planning/coordination has been restarted to support three future home building/rehab projects (Chesapeake, Suffolk and Virginia Beach)
• Fundraising continues to ensure that construction funds are available to support these important projects.
• Both Habitat SHR ReStores (Providence Square, VA Beach and 900 Tidewater Drive, Norfolk) are open, practicing strict COVID-19 retail guidelines
• Daily Volunteers will be used in our ReStores starting June 5th, while only our skilled trained construction crew leaders will continue to assist with construction.
• The 900 Tidewater Drive Habitat SHR office is open with limited access to the outside public
• Both ReStores are accepting drop-offs of gently used material donations. A list of items can be found here
• Pick-ups of material donations has resumed. Please call 757-640-0594 for more information
Similar to other organizations that rely on the public’s generosity, in addition to raising construction funds, we must continue to raise money to support Habitat SHR operations until the COVID-19 crisis is over and life returns to "normal". By financially supporting operations, as well as construction, through the generosity of donors like yourself, we will be able to sustain our mission of building affordable housing for local, low-income families. These families are the most economically vulnerable and will most likely be the most adversely impacted community as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic.
WE NEED YOUR HELP MORE THAN EVER
Please consider making a donation to HabitatSHR’s COVID-19 ACTION CAMPAIGN.
I HOPE THAT I CAN I COUNT ON YOUR SUPPORT
Thank you for your consideration, and I pray for the safety of you and your family.